news24xx.com
Sunday, 20 Oct 2019

2 years old girl in Malaysia died due to choking on a piece of bread

news24xx


IllustrationIllustration

News24xx.com - Tragic! A female toddler in Malaysia died a few days after choking on a piece of bread. This 2-year-old girl lost her consciousness after choking on bread.

As reported by the Malaysian news agency, Bernama and Channel News Asia, Monday, July 8, 2019, the unnamed toddler died on Thursday, July 4, 2019 then, or about four days after being rushed to Selayang Hospital, Gombak.

Gombak Police Chief, Assistant Police Commissioner Samsor Maarof, confirmed this incident and said that they have received reports of the death of this toddler from the hospital this week.

By quoting a hospital medical officer, Samsor said that the toddler was unconscious when she arrived at the hospital. The toddler was reported to choke while eating bread in her caregiver's house.

"In the ER, medical staff found pieces of bread during the resuscitation process," Samsor said. Resuscitation is a first aid for people who have stopped breathing for various reasons.

"The victim was declared dead at the hospital on Thursday, July 4, 2019 at around 10.39 local time," he added.

The postmortem autopsy of her body revealed that the toddler died of 'hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy' with a number of body organ failures. Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy is a type of brain damage that occurs when a baby's brain does not receive enough oxygen and blood.

 

 

News24xx.com/fik/red

NEWS24XX.COM

Can be read in English and 100 other International languages


Loading...



loading...
Versi Mobile
Loading...