news24xx.com
Monday, 22 Oct 2018

Misdiagnosis, women from Indianapolis died because of meat-eating bacteria

news24xx


IllustrationIllustration

News24xx.com - The woman from Indianapolis died after coming home on vacation from Florida, United States. She was known infected by meat-eating bacteria during the holidays, but her husband regretted the doctor's diagnosis so that his wife did not quickly helped.

In February, Carol and Richard Martin's family vacationed to Florida to watch the race. Richard, the husband mentioned that the holiday is their annual habit because Carol loves the race.

When they returned from the journey, Carol noticed her bottom was swollen and there was a small pimple in her painful right bottom.

"We went to the doctor twice to examine the swelling, from both doctors giving antibiotics and heating pillows" said Richard, as quoted by Fox News.

But, the longer it was, the worse it got and eventually Carol underwent a biopsy in which she was diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis. That is a serious skin bacterial infection that only affects about 600-1200 people in the United States each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).

Carol was then taken to the hospital and spent 16 days at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). After she was allowed to go home, she died when she was at home.

Richard believes that his wife infected by the bacteria while in hot water pools at a Florida hotel. But he still cannot think why only his wife who infected but others not.

The coronary experts in Indianapolis said they had taken tissue samples from Carol to ascertain whether the infection was indeed the cause of her death.

"At that time, she still made me lunch, she kissed me before I left for work, I came home early and found she was gone" said Richard.

 

 

 

News24xx.com/fik/red

NEWS24XX.COM

Can be read in English and 100 other International languages





loading...
Versi Mobile
Loading...